The sphere of civil and construction is packed with innovation and creativity. It requires designing, planning, creation, management of infrastructures, construction, etc. Being the second oldest discipline, Civil Engineering encompasses diverse subfields such as coastal engineering, earthquake engineering, geotechnical engineering, forensic engineering, transportation engineering, water resources engineering, construction engineering and so forth. The industry is at the forefront of creation of modern vibrant world.
Scope of Construction and Civil Engineering in Australia –
Some of the largest companies in Australia in this arena are BGC Construction (Buckeridge Group of Companies), ADCO (constructed Entertainment Leisure Precinct in New South Wales, as well as the redevelopment of Shepperton Law Courts in Victoria), Fulton Hogan Proprietary Company (employees 7,000 people approximately), John Holland (multi-national company operating in Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia), etc. These are some of the companies which have created worldly known structures of Australia and provide employment to large number of employees at remunerative packages. The average annual salary of a Civil Engineer in Australia is in the range of $72,000 – $100,000. For project managers, it is relatively higher. Thus, there are rewarding career opportunities in Civil Engineering in Australia.
Study in Australia – Civil and Construction Engineering
- Queensland University of technology – To study in Australia, QUT institution provides Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) 4 years course through its Schools of Civil Engineering and Built Environment. The full time course will help students acquire hands-on experience of the field. The annual cost of the program is $38,000 and there are scholarship programs like Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship and Equity Scholarships Scheme.
- Federation University – The renowned university offers Bachelor of Civil Engineering Honours and Master of Civil Engineering Technology course to study abroad aspirants. For the 4 years bachelor’s program and 2 years masters program, IELTS required is 6 overall Band and annual tuition fee is $28,800. The program has career opportunities as Airline Engineer, Project Engineer, Design Engineer, Traffic Engineer, Hydraulic Engineer, etc.
- University of Sunshine Coast – The famed university has Bachelor of Civil Engineering program with majors in Construction, and Environment and Water for study abroad aspirants. The full time program costs AUS$114,400 in 4 years. The courses in the program include calculus, internet of things, engineering statics, Engineering Project 1 and 2, Hydrology and Geomorphology and so on. The IELTS Band Score requirement is 6 with no Band less than 5.5.
- James Cook University – The University has ranked at 38th position in Times Higher Education under 50 years old university ranking. The institution offers 403 degrees and diplomas in varied disciplines, has research connections with 124 countries, about 22,000 students from 108 countries, and 26 specialised research centres and institutes. The prospering educational institution has Bachelor of Civil Engineering program for study in Australia aspirants. The university also offers joint programs in aquaculture, science and technology, geology, geography, marine biology, mathematics, ecology and conservation, etc. along with civil engineering.
- Southern Cross University – The University also offers undergraduate degree in Civil engineering in Australia which requires 6 bands overall in IELTS test and yearly fee is $29,200. The prime focus of the course is on project management which is highly in demand in professional environment. The program has major in environmental engineering. The learning outcomes of the specialised program are creativity, communication and social skills, theoretical and practical understanding of the subject, creativity and ethical practice.
- Charles Darwin University – CDU offers Bachelor of Engineering Science (Civil and Structural) course for study abroad aspirants. The core subjects include mechanics of solids, surveying and construction, fluid and thermodynamics, hydraulics and soil mechanics, geomechanics, material engineering, and steel and concrete structures. The course requires 60% in academics in any four subjects including English and 6 bands overall in IELTS test.
These are some of the best civil engineering programs to study in Australia. There are several other top class universities in Australia like University of Sydney, University of Melbourne, etc. There are prospective career opportunities for graduates of Civil Engineering in Australia and other countries as Australian degrees are recognised all over the world. If you consider gaining more knowledge about study in Australia, you can contact West highlander Career Consultancy. The company has years of experience, qualification, MARA license and expertise in providing study abroad consultation. Contact No. – 9915999677, 9915999766.