Visa Requirements to Study in New Zealand

Want to Study In New Zealand?

If you have been planning to study in New Zealand, then you are supposed to fulfill several requirement which are- meeting the health and character requirements for New Zealand immigration, evidence of funds, proof of your acceptance into a full time course, passport which needs to be valid for at least three months and notification of your acceptance into a full-time course at the New Zealand education institution.

Student Visa Requirements for New Zealand 

 You will have to abide by certain requirements when you are applying for a visa in New Zealand. These are:-

  • Obey the laws of New Zealand government
  • You are supposed to leave the country before your visa expires
  • You need to show that you are passing your course that you are allocated in
  • You must be accompanied by a person whom you live with or by a guardian
  • You must attend the place of study indicated in your permit

You are also supposed to provide evidence of funds to support yourself to gain entry into New Zealand.  You will be required to show that you will be able to meet your living costs while you are staying in New Zealand.  The evidence of funds can be presented in the form of cash, cheque, bank draft, etc.  You will need an undertaking by another person to cover your accommodation and living costs and an undertaking by a New Zealand sponsor to cover your accommodation and living costs.

You would not require a visa if you are a citizen of New Zealand or Australia or you hold a New Zealand residence class visa.  If there are several conditions levied on your Australian permanent visa, then you will need to apply for a student visa.

  The New Zealand government has also allowed international students who do not have job offers in hand to get a visa for 12 months and work at a temporary job. The rules of this visa are allowed under Graduate Job Search Work Instructions.

Why Partner With West Highlander?

West Highlander is a group of study in New Zealand visa consultants in Chandigarh. You can contact us for seeking expert advice and assistance if you require planning to study in New Zealand.  We will take the time to understand your requirements and then provide you updated advice that will solve your purpose.

The director of West Highlander- Ms Parwinder Kaur is Licensed Immigration Adviser certified by IAA-Immigration Advisers Authority (New Zealand Govt.) License no. 201002008.